SOD & TURF CARE PRODUCTS
At Batavia Turf we take pride in our years of experience, high quality turf and responsibility to the environment.
BIG ROLL SOD
Big Roll Sod must be mechanically rolled out.
SMALL ROLL SOD
There are 70 rolls to a pallet, which covers 700 square feet.
WHY SOD IS BEST
Want the greenest, lushest lawn in the neighborhood? Batavia Turf is the way to go.
- Sod is a mature plant. Batavia Turf is grown on mineral and organic soils for 18 – 24 months ensuring that our sod is well rooted, healthy and free of disease.
- Sod prevents the “mud factor.” Mud free is what you will be when you make the decision to go with Batavia Turf.
- Sod stops washouts. Washouts when seeding are time consuming, annoying and expensive. Washouts DO NOT happen with sod!
- Sod saves you time. Being able to walk across your yard the day it is put down, not worrying about the neighbor dog cruising across your new seed, not having to re-prep/re-seed after a rain – PRICELESS!
- Sod saves you money. The amount of water, fertilizer, insecticides and herbicides needed for sod is minimal compared to seed or hydro-seed to create and maintain a beautiful, healthy lawn.
- Sod avoids herbicides. Popular support of environmental conservation includes using a minimal amount of herbicides, fungicides, and other chemicals.
- Sod is easy to grow. Two weeks is the common amount of time for watering and rooting. Water and fertilize as needed following this two week period and you will continue to enjoy a beautiful lawn indefinitely. Using seed / hydro-seed would take at least 18 – 24 months to even come close to establishing a lawn you would be satisfied with.
- Sod is instant. We call it “instant grassification!” No hassle, No wait!
- Sod is affordable. Sod costs less than ever. The initial cost for sod may be greater than seed or hydro-seed, but when you add up the cost of having to re-prep and re-seed from washouts, animal damage or erosion, the cost for sod is often less then seeding.
INSTALLING IT YOURSELF?
You'll need to know how much sod to order and how to prepare your site.
Use the sod calculators below to assist with total square footage needed.
Apply Batavia Turf Superior Starting Fertilizer at a rate of 5.5 lbs/1000 sq. ft.
Water sod lightly as you install in warm weather to prevent drying out, Upon completion, water all sod thoroughly.
We can assist with all of your turf needs